Joining a church can be a meaningless ritual. Some people join a church because everyone else does.
Membership at Westover is an act of commitment. The apostle Paul said that it meant becoming a vital organ of a living body. How exciting is that?
Why become a member? There are numerous reasons.
- It identifies you as a genuine believer (Ephesians 2:19, Romans 12:5). As Westover grows, our chairs will be filled with people in all stages of growth – unbelievers, skeptics, new believers, and mature believers. You and other members share a common bond – a commitment to Christ that others in the congregation may not have.
- Because membership identifies like-minded believers, it provides a spiritual family to walk with and encourage you (Galatians 6:1-2, Hebrews 10:24-25).
- You have a place to discover and use your spiritual gifts in ministry (1 Corinthians 12:4-27).
There are many other benefits to membership. To find out more, plan to attend our membership class. This class does not obligate you to membership, but allows you to learn more about membership, church doctrine and beliefs, and our vision.
New Membership Class
Our newly overhauled membership is titled THE JOURNEY, and focuses on 6 major components:
- Together on the Journey – the priority of the local church.
- The Beginning of the Journey – priority of the Gospel and what that means for the church.
- Truth for the Journey – a focus on the scriptures and the “who, what, where, how, and so what?” of the Bible.
- Strength for the Journey – what is the role of the Holy Spirit?
- Care Along the Journey – the importance of communal living and leadership.
- Participating in the Journey – where serving, missional living, and you intersect.
Each of these components is addressed during one week of the class, and will be followed by discussion time that day. Conducted by pastors and other leaders of Westover, you won’t want to miss it! The series will conclude with an informal luncheon and Q and A with Don and Donna Miller.
Upcoming Membership Classes
September 29 - November 3, 2013 (6 Sundays, 11:00 AM in W203)
Send an email to Membership@WestoverChurch.com for more information.