Westover High School Ministry VisionModeled after Westover's vision path
Purpose (Why we do what we do)Create environments where students connect into God's historic, eternal, ongoing Story.
Process (How we accomplish our purpose)Because the story of God is wrapped up in Jesus Christ, we desire students to experience the presence of Christ in three areas:
• Intimacy with Christ, understanding our union with Christ (Discipleship)
• Connectedness with Christ followers (Community)
• Experience influence in the world with Christ’s power (Service)
Priorities (Our core values)For students to...
• Know God's Story, His Holy Scriptures
1. Know its content and central truths
2. Absorb its view of reality
3. Develop discernment from its perspective
4. Hear God's voice
• Take ownership of their personal faith (intimacy) in Jesus Christ
1. practice the presence of Jesus in everyday life
2. learn how to pray and feed their soul with God’s word
• Participate in an grace-filled, authentic community
1. believe their story is needed and valuable
2. welcome students into our community
• Discover their role in God’s ongoing Story
1. be involved in what God is doing in our Church body (trans-generational opportunities)
2. learn how to minister and witness to their peers (3 Story)
3. be aware of and participate in God’s work locally and globally
Passion (Who we are becoming)
We are a Christ-centered youth ministry, welcoming all students into our grace-filled community. We, the youth ministry, are a bridge for students to discover their role in what God is doing in the local church, the community, and the world. Students who are available, hungry for God’s truth and desire to make a difference will thrive in this ministry. We cannot stress enough the benefit and power of joining a WHSM small group which is key to accomplish our purpose.
As students graduate from high school, they will own what it means to be a follower of Christ and to serve His church. They will be dreamers of what Christ can do through them. They will be equipped for loving service to those around them in their world. They will become partakers in the abundant life of Jesus and be discovering their role in God’s Story.
If you want more information on High School Ministry visit the high school Blog. Any adults interested in serving and volunteering you can submit an application online (on homepage see "Interested in Serving?" link. Note: all adult volunteers must submit to a background check. Click here to complete the check online. If you'd like to talk with our connector more about serving in High School Ministry, contact Jim Price at email@example.com or 674-5730.
For updated weekly information, brochures, deadlines, dates and info, click the logo below for our high school blog page...